Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Twilight Series

I was surprised by how much I loved reading 'Twilight' by Stephenie Meyer, since it's a teen book and about vampires. I never would have picked it off the shelves myself. But when we were in Utah for Thanksgiving I needed something to read, so Stephen's mom recommended it and I borrowed his sister's copy. I totally got lost in it and found myself reading until 1 or 2 in the morning! I recently finished reading book 3 of the series, 'Eclipse', and am now impatient for book 4 to come out because I can't wait to see what happens next. I'm hooked! I'm sure I'm not the only girl out there who wishes she was Bella and was in love with a vampire. (If you haven't read the book that will make me sound crazy, but if you've read it you can probably relate). I'm hoping to visit La Push, the Hoh Rainforest, and First Beach this summer, because they're only about a 4-hour drive away from me! It's not a horror book or even very scary, it's not immature like a lot of teen books are, and if you read it you WILL be hungry for more.

3 comments:

  1. That sounds like an interesting book. I think that I might have to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo yes, I was surprised that I liked it so much. A little on the "high schoolish" side but still good and I can't wait to read the other ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ashley...i FINALLY read all 3 of the Twilight books the other day.

    and I could not put them DOWN! i read one after another!!! like you, i would have never thought of reading that kind of book before....but once i got going there was NO TURNING BACK!

    and yes...i wish i was like bella falling in love with a vampire! ♥ don't tell spencer!! he might get crazy & bite me on the neck or something!!! ha ha!!!

    anyway...i can't wait to see how the Wedding goes....how the Ending goes....I hope THEY LIVE HAPPILY EVER AFTER with the Cullens Family....as VAMPIRES.

    I even thought of NOT reading the last book just so i can make up my own ending TO MAKE SURE that he does go through with biting her & turning her into a vampire & they live happily ever after :)

    i think i will CRY if that doesn't happen. I cried when i finished the 3rd book!!! craZy huh!?!?

    then i remembered your pictures of those places, so i had to go see them again!!! wow...now that i have read those books, your pictures have a whole new meaning!!

    anyway....this is the longest COMMENT ever!!! so i will stop now! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy :)