Monday, February 18, 2008

Crawling!!!

I knew it would happen soon, and now it has... Kirsten is crawling at last! She's been experimenting for the past week with army crawling and being able to scoot forwards instead of backwards. Today was the first time she actually went somewhere! This morning, still in her pajamas, she crawled from her usual play area in the living room around behind the couch into the dining area. She was going after the kitty, and did about half of it on her arms and then half up on her hands. It was so fun to watch!Hmm, I guess it's time to child-proof a little bit better. I thought I did a good job, but she reached right up for the cookbooks and recipe pages I keep in the bottom of the console table.
She pulled down some of the papers and played with them a little bit, and then of course she wanted to eat them!
I want to post a crawling video on here, but haven't figured out how to do that yet. So this was the best I could do at an action shot of the crawling. She's becoming a little explorer!
She had such a great time, and kept smiling like she was so happy with herself that she crawled so far. I'm sure she'll just get better and faster at it every day.

3 comments:

  1. Yea!!! That's awesome! She looks like a pro at it already too, wow! I love those spotted jammies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah for crawling. Maybe she can teach Rachel to crawl soon! When are you guys coming down here?

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy :)