Saturday, February 2, 2008

"Art is the only way to run away without leaving home" ~Twyla Tharp

I don't fully agree with that quote, because I think reading is also a great way to escape without leaving the house. But, I do love art. I developed a great appreciation for it as a humanities major with an emphasis in art history while I was at BYU, and especially on my art history study abroad throughout Europe. I'm not much of an artist myself, but I love to surround myself with beautiful art. I've finally given up my poster/collage/pictures all over the wall style that I had in college, and I love what I have on the walls in my home now. Since most of the people who read this have never been to our house, I thought I'd show some of my favorites.

I cross-stitched this lighthouse scene, and it's in the entryway next to the kitchen. This is my favorite picture I've ever cross-stitched. I love this painting that I bought when I was in Bangkok. I bought it off the streets for a very cheap amount, and it's hanging above our TV. The colors are so beautiful and it reminds me of my travels.

My good friend Carrie bought this for me in China. It's in our entryway and you can see it right when you come in the front door.

I cross-stitched this one when I was pregnant. It makes me think of all the beautiful pine trees in Washington. This is in our living/dining room.

I bought this in Hawaii, and I have it hanging in the stairway.

What's on your walls? I tag Rachel Gunnell, Brooke Baker, and Tiffany Andrews!

1 comment:

  1. Holy crap, you cross stitches are amazing!!! I really didn't think they would look so awesome because most cross stitching I've seen has bears and weird stuff on it. I love that! I have a scroll very similar to that on.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy :)