Friday, July 1, 2011

Right Now. . .

Sometimes I feel like I'm constantly just trying to catch up on this blog (case in point: still need to post about Easter! Yikes!), and I never get to post what's going on right NOW. So here are just a few of the things making my life extra happy right now. . .

*All the endless cute photo opps that pop up when you're around babies. Especially ones as cute as this little guy, Rennan. I just want to steal him, he's so adorable! Is he making anybody else want a baby boy? (I want one BAD!) I took this while we were camping with his family at the beach, and it just makes me smile!

*My new mom's group! I met such a fantastic group of moms in a meetup group that was closed by the organizers, so me and my friend Michaela decided to start a brand new group a couple of weeks ago. And I'm having SO much fun filling up the calendar with fun events and places to play for the summer! I feel so lucky to have such great friends who want to explore with us!
(If you're in the Seattle area, we'd love to have you join, new members are always welcome! You can find our group here: http://www.meetup.com/northsoundexploreandplay/)

*Swimming season! My kids are so crazy happy in the water, and it's pretty cute to watch them have such a great time. It's Splash Week at YMCA and I've been doing a little swim class with Natalie for the week. She's a cute little fish! (She doesn't use the arm floaties in the class, but aren't they adorable? They remind me of my childhood swimming in my grandma's pool!)

*Oh yeah, speaking of the YMCA. . . I joined a couple of months ago, and I love it! My kids have mostly gotten used to the childcare they have there (included in the membership, up to two hours each day!) and they're crazy about the outdoor playground there. And I've discovered my absolute favorite way to work out: ZUMBA! Gosh, those classes are so fun! I try to do two regular Zumba classes and one Zumba Toning class each week. All the different instructors and the variety make it really enjoyable!

*Bright, gorgeous colors that just look like summer! Like these poppies I bought at a Farmer's market. They only lasted about one day, but they were beautiful!

*I'm a firm believer that variety is the spice of life! That's why I'm always on the lookout for new experiences, new people to meet, new restaurants, new parks, new places to explore! Variety makes me happy. :)

*I'm not the craftiest person in the world (my grand ideas tend to turn into big disappointments), but I did love these interchangeable flowers I made for my friend's baby shower. I singed all the edges with a tea light candle, put velcro on them and a white onesie, and turned it into a onesie outfit. I need to make a bunch more for my own girls!

Now that I've posted about NOW, I'm feeling even a little bit happier. :)

6 comments:

  1. Those are great things to be happy about!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to see you're catching up! Your kids are adorable! Btw. I was wondering when are you going to announce the winners of the giveaways, because I'm going away and wouldn't want to miss it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was fun post! I still need to write about Easter too! And I love that you're doing a playgroup...I've thought about starting one, but I haven't quite got organized enough. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How Cute! Hi! New follower from the hop! Hope you can hop by Girl Tech Divas and follow back!

    http://www.girltechdivas.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. adorable pics newest follower from the hop look forward to reading your posts
    http://everydayproductsandmore.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW, good job! You did awesome, that onesie is SOOOOOO cute!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy :)