Sunday, November 21, 2010

The Wildest of the West. . . Winthrop, Washington!

I never would have guessed that there's a completely adorable little Wild West town only three hours away from where I live. As part of our North Cascades National Park road trip, we headed to Winthrop for some lunch and sight-seeing. I was totally amazed by how cool this place is!
It reminded me of Frontierland at Disneyland. Except it's a real town!!!

There were tons of super cute shops! Of course most of them weren't at ALL kid-friendly (lots of breakables), so we didn't spend much time in them. But Kirsten wanted to look inside each one.
We had a great lunch with the locals at Three-Fingered Jack's Saloon. It's the oldest original saloon in the state!

I think these two have been eating there for a long time. Kirsten was excited to see real live cowboys!

After lunch we found some amazing homemade ice cream at an old-fashioned candy store. The shop had a great outdoor deck, and the weather was perfect! We had such a great time there!


I loved this outdoor ice cream bar, with the western saddles for seats!
There aren't many things I love more than exploring new places with my favorite people! It's the spice of life!

3 comments:

  1. Those saddle seats are ADORABLE!!!! What a fun town!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a really neat town! I wish we lived closer, so we could try it out too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you need your ex-girlfriend or ex-boyfriend to come crawling back to you on their knees (even if they're dating somebody else now) you have to watch this video
    right away...

    (VIDEO) Win your ex back with TEXT messages?

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy :)