Monday, August 24, 2009

Cutie Cutie Kirsten!

Kirsten has been home from her California vacation for over a month now, and we've been having a ton of fun! Kirsten has learned SO much and she's just growing in leaps and bounds every single day! I love her so much!
Yesterday I told Stephen, "As long as she's not crying. . . Kirsten is so much fun!!!"
*She's starting to learn colors! But it's hilarious, because every time we ask her, "Kirsten, what color is this?" she promptly says, "Blue!" It doesn't matter what it is, it's always Blue! I guess it's safe to assume her favorite color is blue?

*She's also learning shapes, and when she sees a triangle she says, "Equal sides!" She learned this while she was in California, but my parents didn't teach it to her, so nobody knows exactly where she learned that triangles have equal sides. Sometimes she even says, "Three equal sides!"

*She loves Natalie now! Thank goodness! She calls her "Baby Natawee" and always asks where she is, is the first to notice when "baby is cwying", and even knows how to make her laugh now! She'll also play with her. When Natalie is in her carseat, Kirsten will say "Where Natalie?" and then pull back the sunshade cover and say, "Boo Natalie!"
This is such an improvement and tons of fun!!!

*Every word that ends with "er" is pronounced "y" by Kirsten now. So shower is "showey", floor is "floey", door is "doey", flowers are "floweys." And she is obsessed with the "floweys" that grandma helped her plant in our front yard. Rain or shine, all day long she asks to go outside and "diggy the seeds" with garden tools.


*She's still afraid of little kids, and since she was gone for such a long time she's had to get used to everyone again, even our good friends. She's such a fearless daredevil when it comes to lots of things, it's just crazy that a little toddler will frighten her to death!

*She loves to go inside our glass-doored shower ("showey") when the water's off and take our squeegy and "clean" the shower doors. She says, "All clean up with soap!"

*I get such a kick out of her little sentences! Another recent sentence is "Can you turn the fan off please?" or "Turn the light on please!"

*She gets extremely excited over the following things:
-Fire
-Balloons
-Church (she usually asks to go there at least once every day. Even though she cries if we try to leave her in nursery by herself. . . go figure!)
-Shoes
-Hats
-Songs (a very common phrase from her is "More songs?")
-Dancing
-Fruit
-Horsies
-Bouncing and jumping
-Slides
-Sitting in the front seat of the car, while holding the keys
-Bubbles

*We taught her how old she is! If we ask how old she is, she says "Two!" and tries to hold up two fingers. She usually holds up more like four fingers, but we're getting there!

*Another recent thing is she always wants to be sung a song at bedtime, before she goes to sleep. She usually asks for "Twinkle Twinkle."

I love my little girl!
I'm constantly being amazed by how fast she is learning and growing.
I write these cute details down so I will never, ever forget them.

8 comments:

  1. I love that last picture of Kirsten in the swing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love toddlers and their cute sentences! I'm glad she has warmed up to Natalie too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all the pictures you took of her! They are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is so adorable!!! :) XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, for cuteness! 2 is so fun, and I'm glad to hear she's decided Baby Natawie is okay.

    Thanks for sharing her through your blog. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe how big she is! So gorgeous! I agree, I love Lilly and playing with her is a blast...unless she's throwing a tantrum!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy :)