Tuesday, January 12, 2010

One More Reason To Like January. . .

I forgot to list something in my wonderful ways to celebrate January post. . .
American Idol starts tonight!!!
Woo-hoo!!!
I always look forward to American Idol! What does everyone think of Ellen DeGeneres as the new judge? I think it will definitely be interesting. It won't be the same at all without Paula, and I'm sure I'll miss her, but I think Ellen will probably do a great job. She certainly can give them good tips about how to entertain audiences and be a good performer, even though I doubt she knows much about music. I just hope she keeps her humorous comments to only the TRULY funny, and doesn't try too hard to be funny with every single comment she makes. Know what I mean?

So who else is excited for American Idol? Are you excited to see Ellen as the new judge, or will you miss Paula?

7 comments:

  1. It'll be interesting to see how Ellen does. I will miss making fun of Paula though! All her random comments and her slurring of words lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ewwwwwwww yucky!!! ELLEN!?!? Maybe I won't be watching...she bugs the crap outta me. And what is she wearing in that picture? I think I figured they would choose a judge is renowned to SING and not do stand up comedy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love American Idol, but I can't stand Ellen! I totally know what you mean about trying to be funny and it bugs me that she doesn't know anything about music. I am going to give it a chance though, especially since it is Simon's last year..so sad! But I have to say, I think I am going to miss Paula!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll miss Paula as part of the show, but her opinion wasn't worth a whole lot. I think Ellen will be funny, but also add a "real" perspective to it. Remember when she judged on SYTYCD? I think she did really well then.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What the heck does Ellen know about singing? And is this a comdedy show, or a vocal competition? I won't miss Paula a bit, because she was always so incoherant in her comments, but at least she was a bona-fide part of the music industry! But that's just my opinion. Everyone is entitiled to their own!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I fully agree with Kooky Queen Rachel! Ellen is disgusting. And I don't even think her comedy is funny. I don't like how she always acts nervous. I think it was a mistake to get her. And she is sooooo unqualified!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm loving AI this season! It looks like we'll have some really good talent this year.

    I also am curious to see how Ellen does this season. I think/hope she'll be great. After all, anything she says will probably be more substantial and worthwhile than any of Paula's comments (for example, "You look beautiful," isn't really my idea of a helpful judge critique)!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy :)