Wednesday, April 15, 2009

This Week. . .

*Who knew that turning your oven on the auto-clean mode would cause the smoke alarm to go off??? There was no smoke either, but it did smell pretty hot. Unfortunately, I had put Kirsten down for a nap about 20 minutes before the alarm went off, and she woke up crying. Even though I tried putting her down again a little later, yesterday's nap was totally shot. Next time I want the oven to self-clean, I'll be sure to open the windows first!

*It finally felt like spring in Seattle today! I don't know if it will last, but it felt great to be outside in the sunshine and Kirsten loved it too!
*If the good weather continues, we'll actually be able to move the slide outside. That's right, we currently have this large slide taking up space in our small living room. My mom got it for Kirsten and Kirsten loves it, so I've kept it inside in the rainy weather. Hopefully it can find a new home on our little back patio soon!
*Kirsten had a terrible diaper rash over the weekend, along with a bug. I'm getting pretty tired of washing her crib sheet and outfits so constantly. Today was the first day in awhile that I haven't had to wash her crib sheet! Hopefully it's over and done with.

*According to my nifty little pregnancy ticker at the top of the page, I only have 2 days left of being pregnant! Craziness! It might be pretty accurate too, since I will most likely be induced this weekend if I haven't gone into labor on my own by my due date. I was induced with Kirsten (a whole week late) and she was 8 pounds 15 ounces, so the doctor thinks I definitely don't need to wait as long this time. I had some Braxton-Hicks contractions a couple of nights ago, but they didn't last long at all and then went away. Other than that. . . this baby seems to be in no hurry to get out of me, just like Kirsten was.

*My Peanut Shell baby sling arrived in the mail. I got it in this fabric, and I think it's so cute! Hopefully the new baby will like it. I never used a sling for Kirsten and she was never a fan of being in baby carriers at all, but I think the second one will need to get used to them!
*I got a surprise phone call today from one of my BFF's, Rachel! We talked for about an hour, and it was so great to catch up because I hadn't talked to her in the longest time. Thank you so much for calling me! It was an awesome surprise!

*Adam and Anoop were my favorites on American Idol this week, and I always like Kris too. I was glad the judges used their save on Matt, because I really do like him even though he had a rough time this week. I hope Lil goes home next week for sure! Does anyone else agree with me that if you get rid of Adam's makeup he looks like Ewan McGregor on Moulin Rouge? He totally reminds me of him! And I love Ewan McGregor in that movie!

*I have a huge crush on this dress from Gap Kids and I really want to get it for Kirsten. It's the perfect summer dress! I love sunflowers!
*This shirt is pretty darn cute too. Of course it's from the same place. I buy very sparingly from Baby Gap because the sales never seem to be that great. If you wait for the cutest stuff to go on sale there, it's always completely gone before the sales hit. My very favorite is Gymboree, and I love combining Gymbucks and 20 percent off coupons with the great sales they already have. But Gap Kids is completely adorable too, and some things are worth paying for!
*I'm picking my Mom up from the airport tomorrow! She's coming up to help with Kirsten and the new baby. I'm excited to see her and Kirsten will be totally thrilled to have her playmate back!

19 comments:

  1. I would recommend a maternity massage. I believe the massage caused my water to break that same night of the massage. Jake came a week early. Good luck this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That dress is adorable!!

    Aren't those smoke alarms so so loud? Which is a good thing, but they freak everyone out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2 days! thats like a blink of an eye!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow- two days left? That's great! Good luck with everything and I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of the new little girl and hearing how things went!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute dress - reminds me of Rachel's Easter dress. Hers was black with white and yellow daisies from target. Hopefully I'll get pictures on my blog today. Tell Kirsten to have lots of fun with "Bunga"!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I cannot wait to see how your little girl looks! Hope the delivery goes well. Good luck this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two days until your due date! How exciting. Good luck!
    That slide looks like fun. We have had a rather chilly and wet spring so far but today is nice and sunny and in the 60s. After naps we are all going to play outside.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How wonderful that your mom is coming! I love a new baby!!! ENJOY!!! ROCK AND HUG AND LOVE AND KISS....

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so excited for you!! New babies bring so much love and energy -- it's goona be great. Good luck!

    I am still so undecided on this season of AI. Maybe it's because I know Adam's a musical theater major, but EVERY performance of his feels like a Broadway song. And *incredible* song, but still too much for me. I want Allison to do better, and Kris. We'll see. I just don't know who I want to win, or think WILL win. Probably Adam.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bren/Natalie is almost here. I am glad they are not going to make you go as long as you did before!

    The dress is adorable. Kirsten will look so cute in it.
    Dear friend, good luck! I wish my DIL could deliver her...I have been told she is an awesome Nurse midwife. She has now delivered 68 little ones this year:) She just wants to have her own baby very soon:)
    Kev and Jamie are still living apart until our he, our #3 son graduates from dental school next month. Her contract at the hospital is finally up this month. So they can actually move into the same home in Colorado together where he will practice. It has been a long five months for them since their wedding in the SLC Temple in Dec.
    Enjoy an easy and safe delivery. Give her a kiss for me:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well, my dear, good luck - although I have a feeling you'll post again before you deliver! :)

    And, can I recommend my FAVORITE baby carrier?? It is the moby wrap. Go to www.mobywrap.com to see all the colors. At $40-60 they are very reasonable and so worth the learning curve. I didn't have mine until Adam was 3 months old, but he practically lived in it after that. It was a LIFE SAVER for naps when camping.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so jealous of that sling! It is adorable! And I know EXACTLY what you mean about baby Gap and Gymboree - they really have the cutest stuff ever but they are SO pricey! I totally think you should get that dress though! It is just too cute! I just got a dress for Marianne from Baby Gap (I happened to have a gift card there luckily, because I probably would have got it anyway!) And her little pink Easter dress was from Gymboree, (also luckily on sale). :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. AHHHHHHHHH!!! :) Thanks so much, that was SOOOOOOOOOOOOO fun to talk to you!!! Seriously, I could've talked to you FOREVER and I would've had I been on our cell phone and not the home phone, haha!!! We have *got* to talk more!!!! I miss your updates! And that sling is so stinkin' adorable, I love it!!! I love that Gap dress too. How funny about your smoke alarm and the oven. I bet that sucked to not have "Ashley time" that day when Kirsten woke up so soon!! Can't WAAAAAAAAAAAAAIT to see pictures of that baby!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. First of all Rachel is too funny! I totally read her blog and was sucked in, laughing out loud :)
    For an early/on time baby, do this:
    sex every four hours and a walk in between. I know, my babies like to stay in the womb waaaay long after my due dates! And yes, Stephen will hate it (every four hours? Really? Y.E.S.), and yes, you know you will do ANYTHING at 40weeks to just be done with pregnancy! :) And yes, even if your mom is there. She already knows how that baby got there in the first place, haha. Hopefully your little one will come sooner than later!

    ReplyDelete
  15. BTW, those clothes are way too cute! It makes me want a girl. Well, hopefully one of these days :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. We kept our slide indoors in our first apartment here during winter, too. Spring will eventually come to stay, right? :) Good luck with the countdown!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. i love that outfit you picked out! totally cute Ashley!!!
    and
    oh MYYYYY gosh... i can't believe you Smoked up your kitchen.... I DID TOO!!!! i turned my burner on and it was the WRONG burner and i had my dishtowel on the burner that i accidentally turned on...

    a few minutes later JAcob comes into my room and said -- "Mom, the kitchen smells funny!"

    i ran in there and SMOKE was everywhere!!! THANK GOODNESS the towel was flame retardant or i would have burned the house down!

    i need new batteries for my smoke alarms! big time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh wow you are so close!!! :) I love that dress...I may buy it for El. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  19. When I clean my oven, I have to leave the house for a few hours. Its horrible!

    AND I agree. Its Lil's turn to go home.

    Cute T's, good luck with delivery, etc., and thanks for being a reader of my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy :)