Friday, April 17, 2009

I'm Having a Baby Tomorrow!

Unless there's a totally full house at the hospital, I will have my baby tomorrow, April 18'th, which is my actual due date!

The doctor checked me yesterday and said I'm only dilated 2 centimeters but I'm 90 percent effaced, and he thinks I'm definitely good to go for inducing on my due date. So I'm getting my bags packed and all ready to go today, because the hospital could call us really early in the morning tomorrow and say it's time to come in. So the excitement is kicking in! I hope I'll be able to sleep tonight!

Isn't it a funny thing, choosing a date to go in and have a baby??? It's certainly never how I imagined it would be, and it's never that way in the movies! Movies and shows always have that dramatic moment where the mom's water breaks or she suddenly realizes she's in labor, followed by the speed-racing, heart-pumping drive to the hospital. I guess it's because showing inducements or scheduled C-sections would be just too boring for a movie. But it's reality for me. Kirsten was born vaginally, but I had the full-on inducement when she was a week late with the Cervidil and the Pitocin and everything. I am curious to know what it's like to go into labor on my own, so I hope I get to experience that with a future baby. Maybe if it's my last baby and I still have never gone into labor on my own I'll just wait and wait and find out what it's like.

I'm so curious to find out what this baby will look like! Will she be the opposite of Kirsten and have brown eyes and curly blonde hair? Or look a lot like her? I'm excited to finally get to see her and discover her little personality! Hopefully I can update my blog from our laptop with pictures and information after she is born. So you can all wait anxiously for the pictures!

And so everyone can compare, here is what Kirsten looked like on the day she was born. Here she is on May 13, 2007.

And that's how much hair she had. Thick enough to comb, on the day she was born!
Well, I'm off to pack my bags and run some errands on my last newborn-free day!

17 comments:

  1. i'm so excited for you!! Good luck with everything!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How AWESOME and exciting :) Please keep me posted Woman!! L♥ve ya LOTS!
    ♥ HUGS ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. HORRRAY!!!!! best of luck to you guys, and what a happy day! (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is sooooooooo exciting!!! i'll be praying for you & the baby :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bless your heart. My prayers are with you!
    April 18th is a great day for a spring birthday! She will thank you. Kirsten was a beautiful baby!
    Yaahoo a coming out party......

    Hugs~♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. So excited for you! Hope it all goes smoothly! Get some rest. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know what I think? This baby is going to be totally bald until she is 1. :-) Wouldn't that be different for you?
    Good luck Ashley! I hope everything goes smoothly and quickly for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't wait to see her! Good luck with everything :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck! We'll be thinking about you! Sunday is Grandpa Veater's birthday celebration in American Fork. I am sure you will be the main topic of conversation. Have Stephen call someone and tell us how you're doing. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Never went into labor either! Good luck with everything!! I'm guessing a cute baby with lots of hair!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Prayers uplifted for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So excited for you!! hope all goes well and can't wait to see pics!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I seriously cannot wait to see your baby! Good luck and I hope that the delivery goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh my gosh, congratulations! today is an awesome day, how wonderful to be welcoming your new baby! can't wait for a pic of the new cutie :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations! How exciting! Can't wait to hear about it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good luck! Maybe if you really over-do it today, your water will break tonight, right on schedule. (We had a HUGE memorial day party that I went crazy for, then that night I had contractions. My water broke in the elevator of the hospital!)

    Good luck! Can't wait to see your gorgeous girl!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy :)