Sunday, April 5, 2009

I Got Showered!

Last weekend my friend Miranda threw a baby shower for me! It was so much fun! It was a small get-together, about 8 people or so came, and I was so thankful that Miranda took the time to host the shower for me. I didn't really think I would get a shower for this baby, since it's my second girl. But it was really fun to get together with friends and celebrate!
There it is. . . my 37-weeks-pregnant belly in all its glory! My belly button is poking out a little bit now, and I am not one of those lucky women who get no stretch marks on their tummy. I look like a bear clawed me up! But at least my feet stay the same size and my ankles don't swell up. Thank goodness for that!
Miranda was so creative. We had a nacho bar (she knows me all TOO well!!), and homemade red velvet cupcakes. We also played a couple of fun games and then everyone decorated tiny little onesies for the new baby.
Everyone was getting crafty with the onesies! It was a really fun idea and it's kind of hard to believe that very soon I'll be holding a baby small enough to fit into them! They look so teeny compared to the clothes Kirsten wears now!
I got some really adorable outfits. Baby girl clothes are just WAY too much fun!

Thank you so much to everyone who came! I had FUN and now the new baby feels totally special. I can just tell. . . she's happy in there. :)

11 comments:

  1. congrats! it looks like a great shower, i'm so glad your friend threw that for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun!! I had a HUGE shower with my second, mostly because I didn't get one with my first. It was fun. The women decorated cloth diapers/ burp rags.

    I can't believe you're only 2 weeks away!! I hope all goes well for you. Our bodies are similar when it comes to pregnancy -- no swelling of the feet, but popped belly buttons and stretch marks everywhere!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another girl! And you look AWESOME! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWWWWW!!!!!!! that is wonderful! i am SO glad they had a shower for you! some people do not do showers for the 2nd baby....so i am glad you hav such a sweet friend that decided to do one for you! i totally would have been there if i lived closer, Ashley.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look at you!!! You are DARLING prego!!! NICE gifts!!! GOOD friends!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, I can't believe you're almost ready to have her! I know it probably seems this way to me (and not to you), but it seems like you just got pregnant! :) I'll bet you can't wait to have her, I never like the last 10 weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW!!!!!!!! So glad they spoiled you!!! It's so fun to have baby showers and look at all the cute stuff you got! YEA!!! Only 3 weeks to go!!!!!!!! I'm so excited for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww, yay for baby showers!! So glad you got to celebrate your new little one. I love baby girl clothes--a friend of mine is due in a few weeks with a girl and I went hog wild buying her baby clothes. So fun.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It just seems like yesterday I was at the baby shower for Kirsten! No way!!! I love the decorating-onesies idea - how clever!
    And my goodness, for being so close to delivery, you look FANTASTIC!!!!! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun shower! Wish I could have come!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so glad you liked it! I had a fun time throwing it, and as everyone said, you look AMAZING! I wish I looked like you when I was pregnant! I'm totally jealous!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy :)