Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Rainy Days and Plastic Eggs

Despite our very rainy Easter, the Easter Bunny still came to our house. He must have gotten really soggy! The rain didn't stop all day long, and we never saw even a tiny piece of blue sky. Welcome to Easter in Seattle I guess!
I outdid myself by putting together the most adorable Easter basket for Kirsten! Look at all that great stuff! A stuffed bunny, Easter My Little Pony, Sesame Street toys, fun decorative flowers from Target, Little People Easter toys, and books and coloring books. What kid wouldn't love that?
Well. . . all Kirsten really cared about in there were the plastic eggs. Sometimes I wonder why I try so hard!
The eggs were fascinating. She yells out "Eggs!" whenever she sees them, except she pronounces them like "Eeeegs".

I was definitely feeling very pregnant (39 weeks now!), so Stephen helped out a lot with making the Easter dinner. It all turned out so yummy! We had three friends over for Easter dinner, and the hit of the night was the Four Cheese Au Gratin Potatoes. They were gone quickly!
The Easter Bunny must love me! My cute Easter bucket was filled with a Dove bunny, Dove egg, and a Bordeaux Egg from See's (love those!), Starburst jellybeans, and the Marley and Me DVD. When it comes to chocolate bunnies, I'm totally picky. There better not be a cheap chocolate bunny in my basket! See's or Dove, or heads will roll! (Just kidding. But really, I do love Dove and See's. One time Stephen put a Brach's chocolate bunny in my basket, and I took it back to the store and exchanged it. I don't think he'll do that again!)
And Stephen got MarioKart for the Wii with an extra wheel, a Reester Bunny, and a Ghiradelli Chocolate Peanut Butter bar. The Easter Bunny ran out of Easter baskets, so he had to improvise with a kitchen bowl. Oops!
How cute is the name Reester Bunny? I love it!
I hope everyone had a fun Easter! Maybe we'll get a sunny Easter someday, at least we can hope for one. But we know how to have a fun Easter indoors too!

7 comments:

  1. It looks the easter bunny treated you well. Good luck Ashley! I pray all goes very well for you and your new little precious daughter:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like it was a fun Easter. You look great for being 39 weeks. Hang in there!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are just so adorable. I love how you make every celebration a big deal! You are just so fun. I wished that we lived closer so we could celebrate together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm thinking you should promptly forget you ever made an Easter basket this fun so your kids don't feel so bad when they're older and they get plain candy and a pair of sneakers. lol :) At this age they don't even care! It's us the moms who get all hyped up about stuff... yes, I'm the one who made a Lightning McQueen cake for my 3yr old who won't remember it either so I'm talking to myself here!!!

    GOOOOOOOD LUCK WITH THE BABY!!!!!! Any day now... :) You'll do great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those baskets look awesome. I want one! ;) Kirsten is a lucky girl.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The basket you put together for Kristen was so cute. No worries about if she loved it or not. If you had fun putting it together for her, is what matters.

    Your looking good for 39 weeks. Best wishes for your up coming delivery.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun Easter! And you are seriously the cutest pregnant mama ever! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy :)