Saturday, March 15, 2008

Randomness

I got tagged, so here's some more random stuff about me....
What were you doing 5 years ago?
Let's see, I was 21 and March would be right in the middle of a BYU Winter semester. So I'm sure I was going to a whole bunch of classes, singing in Women's Chorus every day and LOVING it, practicing with the BYU Harp Ensemble, going to a couple of social and ballroom dance classes, and keeping plenty busy with homework, writing papers, studying, dating, and hanging out with friends. Whew! I sure was busy! No wonder I never watched a single TV show while I was in college.

5 things on my to-do list today:
1. Go to Home Depot to get drywall screws because one side of the baby gate came right out of the wall today (oops!)
2. Try to get Kirsten to eat pieces of cooked carrots without gagging again.
3. Buy a few groceries for our St. Patrick's day meal on Monday.
4. Vacuum.
5. Take Kirsten and our friend Chance with us to see Pike's Place Market in Seattle.

7 snacks I enjoy:
1. Thin Mints (yes, we do have a couple boxes in the pantry right at this moment!)
2. Sun Chips, especially the onion or cheddar flavors
3. Ritz crackers and cheese slices
4. Those pink and white Mother's frosted animal cookies
5. Green grapes, peaches, and pears
6. Four Cheese Cheese Nips
7. Homemade cookies

3 Bad Habits:
1. Drinking Mr. Pibb or Dr. Pepper... I love them both!
2. Spending money, especially on baby toys and baby clothes.
3. Slicing the cheese in a really weird way (it's hard to explain, but it bugs Stephen and used to bug my family too).

If I were suddenly a billionaire...
I would buy us a beautiful house right on the water, furnish it the way we want, buy a really nice baby grand piano, save a lot, invest some, donate some, and go on amazing vacations every year for the rest of our lives.

5 Places I've lived.
1. La Mesa, CA
2. San Marcos, CA
3. Provo, UT
4. Salt Lake City, UT
5. Seattle area, WA

5 Jobs I've had:
1. Cashier at Taco Bell in the BYU CougarEat
2. Waitress... at Brick Oven Pizza, Old California Mining Company, Jacinto's Mexican, and Carrabba's Italian, to name a few
3. Box office cashier at the movie theater
4. Front desk receptionist for the Utah College of Massage Therapy
5. Travel Agent

5 things people might not know about me:
1. I'm a scuba diver! I certified in Utah so I could scuba dive in Australia, and I have since dove in Hawaii and St. Thomas as well.
2. I really hate lettuce. People tell me it has no flavor, but if there's just one tiny piece of lettuce that accidentally gets into my taco, I can taste it. It's just nasty! I have no idea why, but I can't stand lettuce on anything.
3. I have a really difficult time falling asleep. Until I was a teenager I had to listen to tapes in bed every night of music or stories before I could fall asleep, and now the slightest noises or lights make it impossible for me to fall asleep. For pretty much my entire life it commonly takes me an hour or longer in bed before I can sleep. My mind just won't shut off!
4. I lived in a trailer- twice!- for more than a few years as a kid while my dad was building our houses. In one trailer my bedroom was so small the bed had to be the top part of a bunk bed, and I had to slither into bed because it was too close to the ceiling for me to sit up. Stephen calls me Trailer Trashley sometimes. Such a sweet guy.
5. I won a couple of trophies while I was at BYU for competing in DanceSport against a ton of other students. The trophies were for country social dance. Yee-haw!

I tag Brandon Moore and Rachel Gunnell.

2 comments:

  1. You're evil but I'll do this "tagging" thing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm completely identical on the billionaire question. I'd also add voice lessons, my own personal pianist, chef, and personal trainer, and my own opera theater.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy :)