Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Kirsten's World

Kirsten loves Sesame Street. She doesn't sit and watch it quite as long as she used to because now she's more interested in crawling around, but she still perks right up and smiles when she hears the theme song or the music from her favorite part, "Elmo's world." Stephen and I sing the song to her too, except we sing it as "Kirsten's world." And it's very true that our world now is mostly Kirsten's world.We still do things we love to do, like going out to dinner and playing games with friends. But now we mostly pick restaurants based on how fast the food comes out, how noisy the place is so people won't notice baby noises, and how many fun things there are for Kirsten to look at. And we know we can usually only play games after Kirsten goes to sleep.
I also run errands between naps, try to time dinner so we won't be eating right when she's getting tired for bed, and of course the time I wake up in the morning is when she wakes up. Our living room decor is a mixture of Pier 1, Pottery Barn, stuff I picked up from my world travels, and brightly colored Fisher Price toys. It's Kirsten's world, alright!
People who have been parents for awhile will probably laugh when they read this, because of course they know that kids take over your life and your world literally becomes theirs. I'm still getting used to it, but now that Kirsten is 10 months old it seems more normal to me. And I definitely can't imagine any other world but this one!

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it so crazy how much your life changes with one addition to your family? I cannot even think about how my life was before Rachel came!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy :)