Wednesday, November 14, 2007

The Stresses of Moving

I've decided we're not moving ever again. Nope, we'll just stay here in this 3-bedroom townhouse forever and ever. Not really, but doesn't moving just make you feel that way? One year ago we made the big move from Salt Lake City to Seattle. That was incredibly stressful: trying to pack while experiencing the nausea and sickness of pregnancy, Stephen driving the moving van through snowy mountain passes, and leaving friends and family for a new state where we didn't know anybody. I can't believe we've already been living in Seattle for a year!

This recent move was a much smaller one, only 5 miles away, but it still came with its all-too-familiar stresses of packing, cleaning, loading, unloading, unpacking, and organizing. Except now there's the added challenge of doing it all with a baby too! We moved to Washington with just Stephen, me, and our cat Tigger. And in one year our family grew to include Kirsten and another cat, Herbie. This has most definitely been a year of change!

Thank goodness my parents were visiting to help with the move. My mom helped me pack, clean, and of course spent lots of time with her grandbaby. And my dad installed tons of shelves in our closets and garage. We couldn't have done it without them!

Kirsten loved going on walks with Grandma.

1 comment:

  1. Ooo, look how pretty those bushes are! Looks like you still have fall there. Kirsten looks so cute and tiny with her enormous blue eyes popping out that fluffy blankey, how sweet!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy :)