Wednesday, September 22, 2010

The BEST Pumpkin Bread Recipe!

Happy first day of fall!!! My very favorite season!!!

The perfect way to celebrate the beginning of fall (and to make your house smell as divine as can be!) is to make some of this. . .

Here's my recipe for the BEST Pumpkin Bread!!!
(SO moist and delicious, and it makes 2 loaves!)

Ingredients:
*1 1/3 cup vegetable oil
*5 eggs
*1 16-oz can of pumpkin
*2 cups flour
*1 cup sugar
*1 cup brown sugar
*1 tsp salt
*1 tsp cinnamon
*1 tsp nutmeg
*1 tsp baking soda
*2 pkg. instant vanilla pudding (dry)
*Chocolate chips or nuts (this is optional. . . I like mine without either one!)

Directions:
Grease 2 loaf pans. Mix oil, eggs, and pumpkin in mixing bowl and beat well. In a separate bowl sift together flour, sugar, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and baking soda. Add to pumpkin mixture and mix until blended. Stir in pudding mix and chocolate chips or nuts. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour. (It might take longer than an hour. It always takes 15 minutes or so longer in my oven. Insert a toothpick in the middle and make sure it's done, or the insides will be all gooey.)

Enjoy the delicious aroma filling up your house while it's baking! I love eating this pumpkin bread for breakfast, dessert, anytime really, and my kids love it too!

Happy Fall!!!
(I might post some of my other favorite fall recipes on this blog too, if enough readers are interested! Let me know!)

17 comments:

  1. Oo, me! Always interested in great recipes here! Definitely giving this one a try this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm I LOVE PUMPKIN! Ya for fall! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM! One quick question, is it 2 pkgs. of large or small pudding?

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMGosh I have to try this! The pudding is such a good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, I was totally thinking about making pumpkin bread the other day (I've never made it before) so I'm SOOOOOOOO glad you posted this recipe! I'm definitely going to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You just been awarded the versatile blogger award. visit http://www.momstreehouse.com/ to claim it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow i will try it before Halloween..me too lazy to try it now :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love new recipes -- esp ones that families love and make often. =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I made it and it was delicious. It stuck in the pan, though, but worked out in the end. Next time I'll use spray and not crisco to grease the pan.

    ReplyDelete
  10. AHH I can't wait to try this! It looks divine. I wonder if it turns out the same with real pumpkin instead of canned...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I made this yesterday and it is great! I would love more fall recipes!
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I will have to try. Pumpkin bread is one of my favorite things to make. :) I would love to see some more of your favorite fall recips.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This recipe looks SO good! I'm printing it out right now so I can make it tomorrow. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi! This is Heather from Trupanion. I told you I would make this, and I finally did! And it was goooooood. My husband never likes what I bake and he loved this. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those look yummy!! My kids loved Pumpkin Bread too, decorating the can was so much fun for them!! Will definatley be doing this more often..

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy :)