Monday, December 22, 2008

LOTS of snow!

We are so lucky that we didn't get stuck in Seattle! They canceled most of the flights from the airport there over the weekend, and it stranded thousands of people at the airport. We are thanking our lucky stars that we flew out on Thursday and not a day or two later! Even though our flight was delayed, at least we were able to get out!
Seattle is SNOWY!The snow all over the tall pine trees there is gorgeous. Even though I'm so glad we were able to travel safely and didn't get stuck, part of me is sad to be away from such a beautiful winter wonderland for Christmas!

Lynnwood, the city where we live, got about 10 inches of snow and the snow is still falling there! We got an email that said they canceled church yesterday, and I don't think many people are able to go into work. It seems like everything is pretty much shut down there and people are staying home as much as they can!

Can you believe there's only 3 more days until Christmas? I hope I can get everything done!

11 comments:

  1. It was very pretty the first day. Now we're all just trying not to climb the walls. People in Seattle are just not equipped for this weather!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what an awesome blog! I love it.. your family is growing and so sweet.. Merry christmas.. I am adding your to my blog list..Anyone that is Merrianne's friend is also mine :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so pretty, but you're lucky you got out. My hubby is supposed to fly to Portland today but just found out it's cancelled. He's not sure where they'll send him now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy cow, those pictures are beautiful!!! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did you take those pictures!? They're gorgeous, it makes me want to cuddle in front of a fire with my new slippers and a book! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you get it all done, too! And I'm SO glad you got out {safely} and before all the weather. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. THe pictures are AWESOME!!!!!

    and i see that you & Amanda are getting to know each other! YAY! Amanda and i have been like BEST FRIENDS since we were 2 weeks old! Seriously! We grew up together and have been best friends all this time. she is awesome & you will love her as you get to know her!!

    now.... this would be a FUN girls day out... ME & YOU AND AMANDA.. and RACHEL!


    anyway....

    ♥ I really hope you have a VERRRRY MERRRY CHRISTMAS! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great photos! Look at all that snow! I'm glad that I left that behind for the warmer Tucson weather!

    ReplyDelete
  9. THat is a beautiful wonderland but... since I'm sitting in a similar one I know it is TOO COLD!Glad you got out in time!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nope, I didn't take any of those pictures. It would have been hard for me to take them anyway, since I'm in San Diego. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. No need for a stand mixer! I just have a hand-held mixer(a cheapo one from Wal-Mart that only has one speed - it's supposed to have more, though). Then knead by hand :D

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy :)