Friday, December 7, 2007

Random Thing I Love #2

Homemade Eggnog! I always make eggnog the night we decorate the Christmas tree, and then again at various times throughout December. Anyone who has ever tasted my Mom's eggnog recipe knows that it's nothing like the store-bought kind. I've never liked the store-bought kind at all, since I've been so spoiled by the good stuff. If you want to make the best eggnog in the world for your Christmas season, here's the recipe!

Traditional Eggnog:
2 eggs, well beaten
1 14-oz. can sweetened condensed milk
1 tsp. vanilla
1/4 tsp. salt
1 qt. whole milk (you can also use 2%)
1 c. heavy cream, whipped
Grated nutmeg
Combine eggs, sweetened condensed milk, vanilla, and salt. Gradually beat in milk. Gently fold in whipped cream. Sprinkle nutmeg on top (fresh grated from whole nutmegs is much better than grated from the jar). Chill several hours.

I like to serve mine in fun Christmas mugs, and I always grate a little extra nutmeg over the top of each glass before I serve. Enjoy!!

1 comment:

Comments make me happy :)