Friday, December 21, 2007

Never A White Christmas

Now that it's midnight, I can officially say that today we're leaving to go to San Diego for Christmas! We're leaving the millions of natural Christmas trees scattered all over the Pacific Northwest to go where we'll see only one Christmas tree, and it's in my parents' living room. There are all kinds of other trees in southern California of course. But orange trees, oak trees, palm trees, and avocado trees don't strike anyone as very Christmasey. Still, I have never spent a single Christmas away from San Diego. It's hard to imagine a real white Christmas, since I've never had one before. I grew up being able to actually play with all my new outdoor toys on Christmas day, like riding my bike, jumping on the trampoline, and roller skating. Since it's usually 75 degrees or more and sunny on Christmas day, that's what Christmas day is to me! White Christmases aren't the only wonderful Christmases. But someday I do want to have a white Christmas, and I'm sure it will be beautiful.

Finally... here's a full shot of our Christmas tree. I hope the cats don't destroy it too much while we're gone.Kirsten's first Christmas ornament.
At least the cats can keep each other company until we come back! I always feel bad leaving them in an empty house for an entire week (9 days this time!), but I'm glad they have each other.


2 comments:

  1. I love Kirsten's ornament! Have a fun flight and hopefully Kirsten is good. The making out kitty shot is funny, who will feed them???

    ReplyDelete
  2. This year was my first white Christmas. It wasn't as different as I thought it would be. I kinda enjoyed it, actually. Our walk was fun becuase we got to make snowangels and drink hot chocolate when we came back. I will miss sunny San Diego Christmases, though.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy :)