Wednesday, December 15, 2010

An Arctic Blast, a Happy Thanksgiving, and a Fresh-Cut Noble

*Our Thanksgiving week was cold. And I do mean COLD. We got record lows, highs in the 30's, and gorgeous, glittering snow!!! It was our "arctic blast" here in Seattle. I have never had a white Christmas before, but we sure did get a white Thanksgiving!
*It's so funny when it snows in Seattle because it's like the whole world shuts down. As long as there's snow on the ground, everything pretty much comes to a standstill. Schools close, people don't go to work (unless you're my husband, who's a seasoned Utah snow driver), everyone stays home. It's crazy!

*My parents and brother flew in for the week, so we all froze together. Kirsten and Natalie had such a blast sledding in our cul de sac with Grandpa! Who says you need to put a sled on a hill to have fun? You just need someone to pull you around!!!




*Kirsten painted the snow with the neighbors one night!

*We had a delicious Thanksgiving! You might wonder how I cooked Thanksgiving dinner with a newborn to take care of. . . well, I didn't. My mom did pretty much all of it herself. We had all my favorites: the turkey, the mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, orange rolls, apple pie. I think if we just had orange rolls I would have been happy. All that other stuff was just a bonus. :)

*We took Kirsten to the movies with us on Thanksgiving day and saw Tangled. I loved it! I thought it was the best animated movie Disney has made in a really long time.

*I went Black Friday shopping. Some may call me crazy, but I love the excitement and all the great deals! I went to Target at 7 am, followed by the mall for many hours, and ending with Best Buy. I shopped for almost 8 straight hours! Exhausting, but fun!

*We went to a U-cut Christmas tree farm, which I had never done before! We always buy a real tree, but it was the first time I made Stephen cut one down for us himself. :) After brunch at Snoqualmie Falls lodge (yummy, but. . . never again with three young kids), we bundled back up and headed out in search of the perfect Noble fir.

*Brooke was outside with us for about 2 minutes. She spent the rest of the time in the car with my mom while the rest of us hunted down the tree.


*Finally found it!
Stephen cut it down all by himself.

*Natalie's new favorite thing to say: "Ho, ho, ho!" It's adorable!

*It took an entire DAY to take down all the fall and Halloween decorations and put up the Christmas decorations. This is not including decorating the tree and I even had my mom's help! Whew, what a big job!

*Kirsten lost interest quickly, but she did have fun putting a few ornaments on the tree. Mostly she loves the lights!

*We spent one evening in downtown Seattle, riding the Christmas carousel!
The girls LOVED it!



Is it any wonder that I LOVE this time of year!!!

13 comments:

  1. I love the last picture of your family! You are all so beautiful! And I can't wait to have my kids try painting in the snow! What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really jealous of all the fun things that you have been able to do. Washington seems like a magical place to be for the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this time of year too! I am really curious, though...did you take any kids on your Black Friday adventures?

    ~Carla

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never thought of painting in the snow. No clean up!

    One day I hope it takes me all day to take down the fall/Halloween decorations. You can barely ever tell what holiday it is at our house!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the photos those are great, following back via PRP.
    http://stacytilton.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like such a fun time! I live outside of Salem and we didn't get but a slight dusting and the kids were so disappointed :) I am your newest follower from PRP. I'd love follow back if you don't mind.

    http://melindatoad.com
    I am also following your Facebook page. My fan page link is in the right side bar :) Have a GREAT day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for visiting my blog from the PRP...I am now following you too.

    http://retailtherapylounge.blogspot.com
    http://twitter.com/retaillounge
    http://www.facebook.com/retailtherapylounge

    ReplyDelete
  8. great pictures. following back, thankx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all of your pictures! I haven't been down to the carousel yet this year but I really want to!
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great photos! You have a beautiful family. Thank you for joining my blog. I brought some love back to you and am now one of your newest followers! Have a great holiday! Digna

    ReplyDelete
  11. SERIOUSLY *love* your pictures!!! Those sledding pictures are darling!

    ReplyDelete
  12. We will definitely have to do some snow painting. I forgot all about that trick. Your tree family picture is charming. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. If you need your ex-girlfriend or ex-boyfriend to come crawling back to you on their knees (no matter why you broke up) you gotta watch this video
    right away...

    (VIDEO) Get your ex back with TEXT messages?

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy :)