Wednesday, October 13, 2010

New Music For a Fall Day!

It's been quite awhile since I made a new music mix, so I was dying for a new Fall CD that I could take in the car and listen to over and over. Here are my recommendations for some great tunes to brighten up your fall days:

My new Fall Mix CD:
1~ Start a Fire by Ryan Star (One of my new song obsessions, for sure. SO upbeat and addictive!)
2~ Misery by Maroon 5 (Who doesn't love this song? I definitely replay this one often!)
3~ Empire State of Mind by the Glee cast (one of my faves so far from the new season)
4~ Drummer Boy by Debi Nova (Kirsten's new favorite. She loves dancing to this one!)
5~ Dynamite by Taio Cruz
6~ Secrets by One Republic
7~ Talk by Coldplay (always such a great song!)
8~ Billionaire by the Glee cast (here's hoping the new guy gets to sing a whole lot more. He is good!)
9~ Just the Way You Are by Bruno Mars (Love it!)
10~ Teenage Dream by Katy Perry (I suspect I might get sick of this one quickly like I did with California Girls, but I still like it for the moment)
11~ Cooler Than Me by Mike Posner
12~ Ridin Solo by Jason Derulo
13~ Bulletproof by La Roux
14~ Stronger by the Glee cast (the only one I really liked from the Brittany episode)
15~ Strip Me by Natasha Bedingfield
16~ Vultures by John Mayer
17~ Rhythm of Love by Plain White T's
18~ Stuck Like Glue by Sugarland
19~ September by Daughtry

What do you think? What great songs did I miss?

If I had already listened to KT Tunstall's new album, Tiger Suit, I would have added a couple of songs from it to my fall mix too. It's really a good CD! I received a copy to review, and I enjoy it a lot. It's just upbeat enough and just mellow enough at the same time to be a great album to put on in the background and just chill out to. If you're already a fan of her music or just looking for something new to listen to, I totally recommend this brand new album!

My favorites from her album are:
~Lost
~Fade Like a Shadow (in the top 20!)
~Uummannaq Song (no idea how you'd pronounce this, but it's a nice song!)

My disclaimer: I received a copy of Tiger Suit to review, and the opinions are totally mine. I'm entered to win a gift card through One2One network by posting the review of Tiger Suit on my blog.

4 comments:

  1. whoops! I meant to write more on the last post! :)

    I know what you mean about Teenage Dream. I'm already starting to tire of it since it sounds so much like California Girls. The chord progressions are almost identical.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you don't want to get tired of Katy Perry's songs, look up on YouTube (or iTunes) Tyler Ward singing either of those songs. His version is SOOOOOOOOOOO much better!!! Love your music list!! We have such similar taste!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going to have to listen some of the songs you have on your fall CD - and I have listened to any of the new ones from KT Tunstall. I need a new hits CD for my car drive into work!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy :)