Friday, October 1, 2010

Halloween On My Mind!!!

Happy October everyone!!!
I'm so excited that it's October at last! It's probably my very favorite month of the entire year (the only month that comes close to de-throning it in my mind would be December, because I'm a total Christmas nut!) But I'm ALSO a Halloween nut, and I just love the beginnings of fall and harvest time and all the pumpkins and the fun, cute Halloween decorations! And my new baby will (hopefully) be born this month too, so October is doubly exciting for our family this year!

I'm sharing some of my favorite Halloween ideas that I've been seeing on different blogs lately. I can't wait to try all of these out this month! All of these ideas seem easy enough that. . .
a) Young kids should be entertained and able to help out a little bit
b) I'm going to be motivated enough to actually do them, even at 8 months pregnant, and
c) Someone (like me!) who doesn't own a sewing machine and isn't particularly great at crafting or creating can do them!

#1- These are by far the coolest pancakes I've ever seen! Oh my gosh, I'm dying over them! Click over here to find out how to make these Spooky Pancakes. Not only do they look awesome, the fact that they're pumpkin pancakes with black cinnamon syrup sounds seriously delicious!

#2- Easy and cute, I think my kids will really get a kick out of these Owl S'Mores. Learn how to make them over here!

#3- This Pumpkin Art is really beautiful! Find directions here. (I just hope I can find styrofoam pumpkins as pretty as those are, since they don't have Hobby Lobby where I live).

#4- I hate spiders with a passion. . . but even I have to admit that these fuzzy spider decorations are freakin' adorable! Find all the details here. We'll see how many of these I have the patience to make, because I'd love to hang them all around the house in unexpected places for Halloween! Wouldn't this make a great family home evening activity? Especially if you had older kids who could actually make their own!


And. . . I have another yummy fall recipe for you all! I haven't made it yet this year, but we loved these last year and I'll be making them again soon!

Pumpkin Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting:

(Gotta love anything with cream cheese frosting!)

4 eggs, beaten
1 cup oil
2 cups sugar
1 cup pumpkin
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
2 cups flour
Instructions: Cream eggs, oil, and sugar. Add pumpkin and rest of ingredients, and mix well. Pour into 9x13 pan and bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes. Frost with cream cheese frosting when cool.

Cream Cheese Frosting:
3 ounces cream cheese
6 Tb. butter
3/4 pound powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. milk


Enjoy these fun Halloween and fall ideas!!! Which ones do you want to make? I'd love to hear all about how things turn out! It's going to be a GREAT October!!!

4 comments:

  1. If you're up for it this weekend, I'm sure Hana would love to help make spiders.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Following you from Friends and Follow and in love with these pictures and recipes. You've made my Halloween better already!

    Michelle @ Things Sent My Way
    http://thingssentmyway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm...you post great recipes! I just bought pudding mix yesterday to make your pumpkin bread you posted---I'm so excited!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmmm thanks for the recipe! I love pumpkin bars.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy :)