Friday, October 1, 2010

Due Date In ONE Month!

I can hardly believe my due date is exactly one month from yesterday! Yikes!!! This pregnancy has gone by SO fast! And I realized that I haven't written much about my pregnancy on this blog in quite awhile, so here goes. . . random stuff from the pregnant girl's brain, at 36 week along. . .

(Hard to find a recent picture of me, but this is the best I could do. Yep, I'm pregnant alright! People see me and think I'm due any day now. Not quite there, but getting closer!)

*Overall, this has been SUCH a good pregnancy. I know I don't have much to complain about. At this point, it's difficult to walk around for very long and I get exhausted really easily. Not exhausted like I want to sleep, but like I want to sit in a comfy chair and just not get up for a really long time. (My night owl ways haven't changed a bit).

*My belly button already popped out a few weeks ago. It made me laugh, because with the other two pregnancies I don't think that happened until the very end.

*Heartburn is awful this time! I don't know what I'd do without those Tums Smoothies pills, and I have no idea how many bottles I've gone through. I take FIVE of them every night before going to bed, and when I wake up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom I usually have to take two more! Insane!!!

*I'm always warm! I've still been rockin' the flip flops and capri pants every day, and my long-sleeved maternity shirts have gotten practically NO wear during this pregnancy. The few times I've tried to wear long sleeves it always turns out to be a mistake, and I change out of them by the middle of the day because I'm way too warm. And every night I sleep with the window open and the ceiling fan on!

*I've actually been feeling a few of those Braxton-Hicks fake contractions during the past week, for the first time EVER. Yep, I had two previous pregnancies and never felt a fake contraction. It doesn't happen often, but a few times it's just gotten really tight all over and kind of hurts. I have no idea how I would know what a real labor contraction feels like. . . since I've never gone into labor on my own before!

*This has been the pregnancy of Slurpees. Never before have I craved Slurpees so much. I get a few of them every week, and the icy slushy cherry goodness just hits the spot! I'm also thirsty for drinks more often than I am hungry for food, at this point.

*I had an ultrasound yesterday, and her head is down! She's already in the right position, and everything seems to be going well!

*One of my neighbors actually laughed at me when he asked if it was another girl and I said yes. He looked right at me and said he wanted all boys. I honestly don't know why anybody would say something like that. It's just rude, plain and simple! I get lots of different reactions from people, and some moms of all boys who are jealous of all my girls. But my least favorite are the ones who laugh or act like it's just the worst thing ever that I'm having three girls.

*I don't have much to buy for this new baby, but I have been slowly collecting warm, fuzzy small clothes for this little fall baby when I find adorable things for good deals. It's going to be fun to have a cuddly little winter baby to bundle up!

*Kirsten asked me the other day if I could open up my tummy so she could see the new baby. It was pretty funny! Natalie has no idea, but at least she likes babies! "Baby" is one of her newest words, and she'll pick up one of her dolls and carry it around saying "Baby!"

*I want some guesses. . . am I going to have to be induced again, or will this baby actually come early? What day do you think she'll be born?

9 comments:

  1. Girls are great! I don't know why anyone would say anything but nice things to a pregnant person. Come on! It would be cool if she was born right on Halloween! Isn't that your due date? That's my guess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your lists - they are so fun! Here's hoping your little one comes just a little bit early!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm guessing early. I hope not since I don't want to miss it, but if you're feeling fake contractions and never have before, then I'd say you'll go into labor on your own.

    Also, I love the pic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is the most random pic EVER!!! HAHAHAHAH! But your belly is so cute! And I can't believe you have so few Braxton Hicks. If you can believe it, mine started with this pregnancy at 16 weeks---kill me! They're all day now and drive me nuts! Like every 5 minutes for 3 hours---AHHHH!!! And I wish I could be warm, I'm always freezing, you're lucky. I can't wait till you have that baby! I am SOOOOOOOOO excited you're having another girl and yes, I'm jealous of YOU! I'm still trying to wrap my head around this BOY thing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So exciting!! Everytime I have a contraction I freak out becuase I get so excited! My Dr. won't induce me for another 2 weeks (even though I was due yesterday) becuase the baby is still so small. I think we might actually have the due date wrong since she has been consisntantly measuring a week small. So I am with you, just anxiously waiting!

    I think you are going to have your baby on yoru own this time, especially if at 36 weeks you already have the Braxton Hicks, thats a great sign (I think...). So, I am going to guess the day BEFORE your due date! Good luck, can't wait for our little girls to be best of friends!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am new to your blog and have enjoyed reading it. I hope you go on your own and I dont know when you are due, but my guess is Oct 29 as that is my birthday! I love Oct. when fall is begining and the holidays start. I wish you the best.
    I have three college kids - had two boys first - people made silly comments and do not think before they speak! I thought I was having three boys! Surprise! Third (as she likes to say) is a charm. Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm definitely guessing early! You are such a beautiful pregnant woman! Girls are great, and God chose the perfect mommy to take care of your special girls!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish I could have a girl. Instead I will have 3 boys. Since this is my last, I was sad, but oh well. I'm over it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, I'm your newest follower and would love for you to follow me back!

    Cheers from Being Frugal & Making It Work

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy :)