Thursday, June 25, 2009

Country Girl or City Girl?

Despite growing up surrounded by chickens, horses, ducks, turkeys, and 5 acres of land, I am definitely more of a city girl than a country girl. I'm actually a suburbs girl, since I've always lived in the suburbs and within 30 miles from a large city. But I'd choose the culture and excitement of a city over the country any day! There are only 3 country girl-qualities that I possess:
1. I love country dancing
2. I love demolition derby's, they are awesome!
3. I'm a sucker for good old-fashioned county fairs with fireworks

So far, Kirsten is a country girl! She loves to run and play outside, isn't afraid of farm animals, and probably wishes she lived on a farm. She's having such a blast playing outside at grandma and grandpa's house!
These pictures are from Seattle, at the South 47 Farm in Redmond where we took Kirsten for Farm Animal day a couple weeks ago. It was really kind of a shabby little farm, in my opinion, and we didn't stay very long.
Can't ride a horse yet? No problem! Just hop on a saddle on a bale of hay! Ride 'em, cowgirl!
She thinks she's ready to start driving! That's a little scary, but she does look cute behind the wheel!

As you can see, she was ready to leave the little farm just as soon as I was.
Are you a city girl or a country girl?

6 comments:

  1. LOL! She's sooooooooo cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. City! Love the pictures :) Hope you have a great 4th of July weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the picture of the saddle on the hay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loooooooooooooove her outfit! She is so darling! I don't know what the heck I am. A country girl? No, I have loved living in the country just as much as I would love a spinal tap. A city girl? No, I freak out at the traffic and can't stand the crime, congestion, and claustrophobia. I don't know what I am. I think I'd like something in the middle. Like Logan! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blog is super cute! I added yours to my list, I hope that's ok.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you want your ex-girlfriend or ex-boyfriend to come crawling back to you on their knees (no matter why you broke up) you got to watch this video
    right away...

    (VIDEO) Why your ex will NEVER get back...

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy :)