Friday, April 1, 2011

10 Things Making Me Incredibly Happy Today!

~1~ Watching my three little girls laugh and play with each other. It's just the cutest thing ever and melts my heart!
{Note: They do not make me happy all the time. Happy is sometimes not the word. But the happy moments make the other moments worth it!}

~2~ Finding out that the Warblers are getting their OWN CD and it comes out on April 19'th!!! Cannot wait!!! The Warblers are the best thing to ever happen to Glee, and I seriously doubt if I will be listening to anything else for at least a month after this CD comes out!

~3~ We've got our bedroom back!
After many days and hours of organizing and rearranging, we now have Brooke sleeping in her own crib in her own room. And Kirsten and Natalie now share a bedroom! It's been a little rough where the older two are concerned, and they certainly do keep each other awake too long most nights and wake each other up too early in the morning. But they're adjusting to it and hopefully becoming better friends because of it!

~4~ This adorable lunch!
{No, I did not make this. I wish I were that creative! I just might copy it one of these days though. Go check out this talented lady's blog here. It's my absolute favorite blog for cute kid crafts and all of her Fun Food Friday lunches are just to die for! Plus her oldest daughter is also named Kirsten}

~5~ Flip flop weather is fast approaching! We saw some beautiful glimpses of it last week, and it was a wonderful taste of the summer to come. Of course being a Cali girl I keep my flip flops out year-round and sometimes end up wearing them in the rain, but I must admit I'm excited for real flip flop weather to begin! Long afternoons basking in the sun on a blanket at the parks, bbq's, Saturdays at the beaches and lakes. . . bring it on! It's been a long winter, and when I say that you know it's been long because I love winter.

~6~ Rainbow Jello! Doesn't it make you happy just looking at this?
Find out how to make it here. It's on my absolute MUST-make list!

~7~ Blog posts like this one, from my hilarious and amazing friend Rachel.
She has given birth to an adorable baby boy since writing this post, but it still makes me laugh so hard! Love it!

~8~ How about a happy start to your day with some rainbow pancakes?
{Okay, so I have a thing for rainbows}
This is the prettiest breakfast I've ever seen!

~9~ The most delicious dinner I enjoyed with my hubby at the Space Needle last night. Chicken breast stuffed with prosciutto and Beecher's Flagship Cheese (my very favorite cheese from Pike Place Market!) I almost died and went to heaven it was so good.
Seattleites, you will love me for this tip. . . Go sign up for the SkyCity Restaurant's Celebration Club here, and you will get a coupon for buy one get one free entree during the month of your birthday. Pretty much the best deal in town! And order that chicken!

~10~ Movie nights at home, snuggled up with the kids and some popcorn! Tonight we'll be watching our new 'Tangled' DVD {love this movie! Excited to see it again!}

Did anything on my list make you happy? I'd be happy to hear about it! :)

15 comments:

  1. Adorable picture of your girls.I have my two nieces coming this weekend - I am going to rent Tangled!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your girls are adorable, and all that food made me hungry! We are also watching Tangled tonight. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want those rainbow pancakes! You should make them for a Sunday dinner sometime.
    I want to see Tangled again! Hopefully Kirsten and Natalie like it, and it will be on all the time at your house.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ashley- I love it! All of the rainbow recipes are great! I will definitely be trying the rainbow jell-o. I also checked out your San Diego Zoo travel blog, and thought it was really good. We are going to San Diego over Labor Day, and after reading your info. about the Zoo, I can't wait to check it out! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhhh my gosh, I'm totally swiping your recipies for rainbow jello and rainbow pancakes! You're awesome :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. That lunch is so cute! I love making silly things with food. I still have yet to see Tangled.

    ReplyDelete
  7. p.s. how do you number your comments?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Wednesday! Great ideas : )I am a new follower from the blog hop and I look forward to following your blog!...Hope u can come by for a visit! http://adventuresatgreenacre.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE the rainbow jello! Danny's mom makes it for Christmas and the kids LOVE it. It takes an eternity to do though! And thanks for the shout out on my blog post! You're so sweet and the bestest friend ever!!! Loveya!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your happy list! It made me happy to read it!
    Your girls are beautiful!
    And yes, anything fun and colorful, like the rainbow things you posted, is a winner in my book :)
    And your dinner sounds delish! YUM!!

    ps - I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  11. First of all, I love everything to do with rainbows! So, this was, for me, a perfect "first" Veater post to read.

    Newly following through the Mid Week Mingle.

    Also, your girls are gorgeous!

    Baby Talk without the Babble

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your lists - they are always so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow...I'm happy just looking at this blog! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the colorful food! I bet my neices would adore me if I made them pancakes like those! And your girls are so cute playing together! It really are those little moments that make life complete.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh how fun!!! I love those cool pancakes. I totally need to do this for my kids. They would love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. rainbow pancakes!

    I am following you (suelee1998) from the blog hop, you have a great site. Would you like to follow me back? http://susansdisneyfamily.blogspot.com/
    thank you :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy :)