Saturday, June 26, 2010

Welcome Summer!!!

Summer is finally here in Seattle! With temperatures actually reaching the 70's (yes, we've had a cold and wet spring), we are starting to head outside and enjoy the wonders of the new summer season!

Mmmm. . . shovel! Can't you just taste that warm sand?
What are your favorite things about summer? Here are just a few of mine:

*Camping! Sleeping under the stars and roasting s'mores around a crackling fire!
*Long, lazy afternoons at the beach
*Sitting under the shade of a nice, big tree at the park
*Popsicles! Homemade ice cream!
*Picking boysenberries and eating them fresh off the bushes (oh gosh, my mouth is watering just thinking about it!)
*Swimming!!! Of course!
*Country fairs, carnivals, and good old-fashioned fireworks
*Grilling hot dogs in the backyard
*Cranking up the Beach Boys tunes in the car (good all year, but especially in the summer!)
*Summer vacations!

4 comments:

  1. Isn't it nice to finally have some sunshine and warm weather?! I hope it sticks around this time. =) I love having my kids home from school and setting our own summer-fun schedule with parks, outings, and activities.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love popsicles, shorts, July 4, sunshine (except at 5 in the morning when I still want to sleep but it's already too bright), the beach, summer fruit, and BBQs.

    Have a great summer, Ashley!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how much you love the Beach Boys! Whenever they come on from my iPod, I can't help but think of you! Your list is awesome--made me hungry for a BBQ or something! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. look at that yummy Sand!! :) :)

    i love summer, too... makes me want fresh lemonade and bbq and cole slaw!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy :)