Saturday, November 19, 2011

Fun Finds... Entertainment, Family-Style!


Our family got to do a whole lot of FUN stuff for free this past week!  Sometimes the perks of being a blogger are GREAT!  And now I can recommend some awesome family entertainment for this upcoming week... If you've got some days off work and a little extra time for relaxing with your family, take the kids to go see one of these:


*Happy Feet 2!
Super cute movie, just like the first one.  The baby penguins are too adorable for words.  The plot line was unpredictable and the music was great!  My absolute favorite was their version of "Under Pressure" towards the end.  I'll be downloading it!  I took my 4 year-old and a couple of friends with me to see it, and all of us enjoyed it!  I'd say it's worth the few extra dollars to see it in 3D too.  :) 

*The Muppets!
I'm smiling right now just thinking about it.  The whole movie is just bright, happy, colorful, and a whole lot of fun.  This one really does appeal to ALL ages.  I think I'll be downloading some of the songs from this one too!


And... Yo Gabba Gabba Live on the stage!
 Okay, I don't know if this one will be playing live in your area soon, but if it does and your kids love the show, you will ALL enjoy this!  Our entire family went, and the older two kids (4 and 2) are still talking about it.  In fact, Natalie who is 2 and a half asks for "Yo-Dab-Dabba again" almost every day, and we have to explain to her they're not on the stage today.  Even Brooke, who just turned 1, was absolutely mesmerized.  This is a baby who never will sit on anyone's lap for more than 2 minutes, but she sat on my lap for almost the entire show staring at the lights and the characters.  I was amazed!

Our whole family at Yo Gabba Gabba Live!  And yes... my husband even enjoyed himself!



I hope you all enjoy this Thanksgiving week with your families and friends!

1 comment:

  1. I am so jealous you got to see The Muppets. I loved them when I was younger. I was trying to plan a movie night for my monthly Family Entertainment and desperately wanted to see this movie. Unfortunately, my family out voted me :(.

    Do you have any other suggestions on what else we could do that would appeal to everyone?

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy :)