Monday, August 22, 2011

Back to School... Time to Get Organized!

Is anyone else blown away by how fast the summer flew by? I can't believe it's almost time for school to start again, and some kids have already started! Where did our summer go???

I don't have kids in traditional school yet. Kirsten is 4, and she'll be in preschool 3 days a week for a few hours, and that's it. But I'm definitely starting to realize that the older your kids get and the more they're involved with, it's ALL the more important to have some good organizational strategies in place. When Kirsten was 2 years old I didn't even have a planner or calendar that I looked at, and now I pretty much live on my Google calendar! Learning how to get organized is tough for every mom! I struggle with not having enough space on the Google calendar to record all the info I want, and also with not knowing how to share it with other family members like my husband. And don't even get me started on how to declutter! Paperwork just kills me!

When it comes to staying organized, I try to get as much ready as I can the night before. Outfits picked out, lunches packed, anything like that I can do makes mornings so much less hectic! I recently got to try out an awesome online tool that organizes everything called AboutOne. It's a calendar, planner, digital filing system and more!
This video overview is a great way to learn about the system:


Some stuff I love about the service:

*You can scan and upload anything (medical records, child's artwork, photos, important school paperwork) and email it from your smartphone or scanner. It eliminates the need to worry about documents getting lost!
*They handle backup and security for you, for even more peace of mind!
*The software is really easy to use, and it's got a great layout that makes it easy to find any info you're looking for.
*(One of my favorite things!) The technology automatically creates family newsletters, hardcover photo books, health and education summaries, caregiver information sheets, alerts and reminders. It also creates paper greeting cards that mail themselves! Way cool!

All of my readers can get a free 17-day trial, with no expiration date and no credit card required! You can use each of your days whenever you want!

After you sign up for your free trial, you can also enter an awesome giveaway! Here's the prize up for grabs. . . a $500 AMEX gift card and an upgrade to a free subscription to AboutOne.com plus a $250 donation to a school of your choice!

{Please note that you must sign up for the free trial to be eligible to win the grand prize!}

AboutOne.com has a wide variety of organizational resources that can be used throughout the year to help get all aspects of your life together in one place. Good luck to all my readers with your back-to-school plans!

My disclaimer: I was compensated by the Global Influence Network for my participation in this program.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy :)